Etter valget 24. mars 2019

Wood1958

Ser av tidligere link at årets budsjett gav kutt i helsesektor og skole, litt trist for mange.
Men samtidig et snaut år etter valget blir jo åpenbart ikke disse markeringene stoppet av hæren før og under markeringene, selv om de som arrangeres blir kalt inn til politiet etter markeringene.
Samtidig så noterer jeg meg at tidligere nevnte Pareena Kraikupt har fått et nytt tillitsfullt hverv

https://prachatai.com/english/node/8332

Og der er det vist krafige ord ute å går i diskusjoner.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/flare-up-a ... committee/
Arild Holtet

Når ett land styres av folk som er utdannet militære, så styrer de selvfølgelig etter hva som passer dem og deres utdannelse. Penger er meget viktig for thailand som i andre land, og de ønsker flere og flere turister velkommen for å øke landets økonomi noe som er naturlig.

Men på grunn av dette så var Thailand av de landene som først fikk dette viruset fra Kina, med en masse turister fra Kina. Helse ble ikke satt i beredskap som i andre land, så dette viruset kom til Thailand først, og vil nok også utvide seg raskere enn i andre land. Dessverre.

A.H.
Wood1958

Arild Holtet skrev: 31 jan 2020, 03:35 Når ett land styres av folk som er utdannet militære, så styrer de selvfølgelig etter hva som passer dem og deres utdannelse. Penger er meget viktig for thailand som i andre land, og de ønsker flere og flere turister velkommen for å øke landets økonomi noe som er naturlig.

Men på grunn av dette så var Thailand av de landene som først fikk dette viruset fra Kina, med en masse turister fra Kina. Helse ble ikke satt i beredskap som i andre land, så dette viruset kom til Thailand først, og vil nok også utvide seg raskere enn i andre land. Dessverre.

A.H.
Rart med sånne epidemier. De har jo sett mønstrene før, så de vet jo sånn noenlunde hvordan det utvikler seg.
Det ble forunderlig nok Europa og Japan som fikk de første tilfellene av såkalt kategori 2. Dvs spredning til noen som ikke hadde vært i Japan.
Sånn sett så var det vel også isolerte Island som ble hardest rammet av smitte kontra folketall ved forrige pandemi.
Og selv om de nå kanskje har mindre å rutte med i Thailand så står de i mindre bemidlede land noen ganger bedre rustet til slike ting som smitte.
De har ofte pga lite resurser lagt litt mere vekt på forebyggende enn behandling som jo koster mere.
Tenker da på opplysning om flå personlig renhold.En rift kan jo få store konsekvenser. Vi fokuserer kanskje mere behandling etter i noen tilfeller.En ser fks hvor ofte de
går med munnbind.(tenker ikke nå med virus men ellers.)
Så vi får la tiden vise
Wood1958

Montro om virusfrykten og plass i media overskygger. Blir det uro i gatene sammen med virusfrykt så kan det kanskje bli lite turister til Songkran også.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/po ... r-10-years

Får også god dekning utenlands, screenshot fra news now Thailand
2020-02-21 12.01.38.png
Brukeravatar
tdr
Sted: Norge
Kontakt:

Ganske vanvittig det som har skjedd og hvilke krefter eliten sitter på for å kvitte seg med politiske motstandere.

Her har et lån til partiet blitt tolket som inntekt og puttet inn i kategorien ulovlig politisk støtte, og dette lånet var nødvendig for å klare stable partiet på beina i en periode da juntaen kun tillot sine egne å drive med politisk valgkamp. Ethvert annet økonomisk bidrag ble slått ned på slik at lånet var eneste mulighet. Et lån som i tillegg har långivere som skal ha dette tilbakebetalt.

Andrew MacGregor Marshall skrev en god analyse tidligere i dag før dommen. Den har allerede over 26000 delinger.

Etter jeg hadde lest analysen må jeg si jeg dessverre ikke er overrasket over resultatet i «rettsvesenet».

Sitat av engelske teksten under i sin helhet da dette er ting som kan forsvinne fra Facebook.

ANALYSIS—The Constitutional Court will rule on Friday on whether a 191.2 million baht loan to the Future Forward Party from its leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit breached the 2017 constitution's organic law on political parties.
The case hinges on whether the loan should be treated as income received by Future Forward.
It is standard accounting practice all over the world that a loan is not regarded as income — it's a debt that must be repaid. So if the Constitution Court judges were fair and honest, the party and its leaders would be cleared of any wrongdoing.
However, the judges are widely known to be neither fair nor honest — the Constitution Court has made rulings that are frequently absurd, and which benefit the monarchy and military at the expense of pro-democracy parties.
The Thai regime has launched a heavy-handed campaign to destroy Future Forward, and according to several high-level sources, this has been directly ordered by King Vajiralongkorn.
The king is paranoid about the party, and the growing tendency especially among younger Thais to stand up for democracy and human rights and openly criticise the military and monarchy, especially on social media.
Future Forward wants to build a democratic Thailand while Vajiralongkorn wants to drag the country back into the past to the days of absolute monarchy. The king wants the party crushed, and its leaders jailed or driven out of politics.
Vajiralongkorn's close ally Apirat Kongsompong, the fanatically royalist army chief who the king plans to instal as prime minister once he is eligible in a few years, also hates Future Forward, which has called for the military to stay out of politics and for conscription to be abolished.
In October, Apirat made a hysterical speech that directly attacked Thanathorn and Future Forward. He claimed that leftist academics, communists, corrupt politicians and evil foreigners were conspiring to destroy Thailand using techniques of "hybrid warfare" such a propaganda, sedition, protests, and misinformation including fake news.
Apirat's obsession with a communist threat showed how stuck in the past he remains, and his conspiracy theory is absurd — clearly it is the palace and the Thai regime that use propaganda, brainwashing and fake news to try to hold on to power and undermine democracy.
But with Vajiralongkorn and Apirat both determined to destroy Future Forward, and the royalist elite obediently obeying their wishes, the party's future looks bleak.
So there is a strong possibility that the judges will declare that Future Forward breached the law. If they rule that the loan was income or a donation, breaching article 66 of the political party law which put a 10 million baht limit on donations, all the party's executive members will be banned from politics for five years, decapitating the Future Forward leadership. The loan funds will be confiscated.
If the judges also rule that the loan was income via an illegal channel, in breach of article 72 of the political party law, then the Future Forward Party will be dissolved.
Even if the party survives Friday's ruling, the regime's attempts to crush it will continue. Future Forward and Thanathorn still face 28 more outstanding cases against them.
Thanathorn has already been disqualified from being an MP in the current parliament by the Constitutional Court for allegedly owning shares in a media company, even though he showed evidence he had sold the shares. Meanwhile, 55 other MPs who may have shares in media companies have not even been suspended from parliament, in a blatant display of double standards.
The Election Commission and Constitutional Court routinely rule against pro-democracy parties like Future Forward, Pheu Thai, and Thai Raksa Chart which was dissolved before it could even compete in last year's election.
The Election Commission took no action against Prayut Chan-ocha's junta party Palang Pracharat over a lavish banquet at which it raised 650 million baht — including donations from state agencies such as the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and the Tourism Authority of Thailand, which is not allowed under the political party law.
The reason Future Forward needed the loan from Thanathorn in the first place was because of ridiculous rulings by the Election Commission designed to undermine the party and give Palang Pracharat an unfair advantage.
The Commission registered Future Forward as a party on October 3, 2018. On October 6, the party opened for membership and fundraising. But on October 10 the Commission said no donations were allowed, and on November 14 it told the party no fundraising was allowed.
This made it impossible for the party to prepare properly for the elections, because it had been deliberately starved of funds. So Thanathorn stepped in with a loan.
It was only on December 11, 2018, that political activities were allowed by the junta, and the election law was only published on January 23, 2019, just two months before the election. So parties like Future Forward were placed at a huge disadvantage, and Palang Pracharat had a massive head start in the election.
It's almost certain that Future Forward will be dissolved, if not on Friday then sometime before the next election. Thanathorn may end up in jail — something he predicted himself when he launched his brave effort to bring genuine democracy to Thailand.
But what Vajiralongkorn and Apirat don't understand is that Future Forward is not just a party. It's a movement, supported by millions of Thais sick of corruption, coups, and the antics of the king, who rules Thailand from Germany and Switzerland and squanders vast amounts of taxpayers' money.
Destroying Future Forward will further polarise Thailand and eventually the military and monarchy will be kicked out of politics. However hard they try, Vajiralongkorn and his allies can't keep the country stuck in the past forever.
Grunnlegger og eier av nettstedet dere nå er inne på.
Hvis noen har spørsmål eller forslag så send meg gjerne en PM.
Wood1958

Nå vet jeg ikke hvor godt det var timet.Forslaget mot fremtidig kupp ble vel nedstemt i dag også.
EU ellers hurtig på banen med en uttalelse ifølge Asiatimes.
Og noen tidlig analytikere mener det kan spøke med frihandelsavtalen
20200221_134946.png
Screenshot_20200221-135216.jpg
Brukeravatar
tdr
Kontakt:

Synes dette er passende kommentarer til dagens dom.

Wood1958

Mye foregikk i kulissene før valget.
Også ting som har hendt etterpå.
Et kupp nå kan vel ikke forsvares for beskyttelse av noe som har fått en egen hær.
Lurer fremdeles på årsak til at de som ble avstengt fra politikk kun fikk 1 års karantene.
Dette er vel over ca nå
En såkalt rettskaffen rådgiver har vist hatt dårlig komunikasjonsfom med statsministeren.Men har åpenbart gode venner også.
Det har jo vært tidligere kupp med hurtige nyvalg .
En får følge med situationen.
Men som før skjer det vel mere ting i det skjulte
Brukeravatar
tdr
Kontakt:

Et etter min mening meget godt skrevet kronikk om den politiske situasjonen og hva som ligger bak:

The greatest trick ever pulled on the Thai people
The greatest summary ever

Let’s analyze how Thailand came to be at this crossroad.

In 2020, the Future Forward Party is banned because of the undemocratic constitution. In 2019, General Prayuth Chan-o-Cha continued as prime minister because of the undemocratic constitution. Why is the constitution undemocratic?

Because in 2017, it was written under the guns of the military dictatorship regime, not under a democratically elected government. Because it allows 250 junta-appointed senators to choose the prime minister. How did we come to have this undemocratic constitution?

In 2014, this military regime came into power through a coup. A coup that was made possible by the violence and chaos led by the people who today sit as high-ranking ministers and officials in the current government. But why must there be a coup?

Because the ruling elites could not defeat the forces of Thaksin Shinawatra in democratic elections. Not in 2011, 2007 or 2005. (We don’t count the 2001 elections, because nobody knew then the trouble Thailand would be in.) So instead, the ruling elites defeated the forces of Thaksin via military coups.
Wood1958

Det er godt det finnes penger til å satse på utbygging til turismen.

https://www.flightglobal.com/strategy/b ... 25.article
Screenshot_20200523-163707.png
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/draft-cont ... -endorsed/
20200523_180353.png
Låst

Gå tilbake til «Historie, politikk og samfunn»