Siste nytt fra Radio Free Asia
- As residents flee Hong Kong, officials trawl region in the hope of luring talenton 27. januar 2023 at 19:40
The campaign comes as U.S. allows Hong Kong residents to remain in America longer
- Japanese and Dutch officials in US to discuss chipson 27. januar 2023 at 19:07
The two major chipmaking countries are considering a deal with the U.S. to limit tech exports to China.
- Massive fire razes 200-year-old monastery in Nepalon 27. januar 2023 at 18:56
Sources say the blaze destroyed the central prayer hall and most of the prayer books.
- Uyghur member of ‘propaganda vanguard’ confirmed detained in China’s Xinjiangon 27. januar 2023 at 18:01
Authorities detained Hurshide Kerim after finding an ‘illegal’ book in her home.
- North Koreans forced to clear snow from roads to capital on Lunar New Yearon 27. januar 2023 at 16:38
Residents say it is unfair to give up one of their few days of rest.
- Army beats 2 men and a boy to death in Sagaing regionon 27. januar 2023 at 09:56
Locals say soldiers tortured the ethnic Chin all night and dumped the bodies.
- Japan’s plan to discharge water from Fukushima nuclear plant faces Pacific oppositionon 27. januar 2023 at 07:01
A regional leader says a Pacific islands delegation will meet Japan’s prime minister to voice its concerns.
- Opium production in Myanmar nearly doubles over past 2 years under junta, UN findson 27. januar 2023 at 00:26
Economic, security disruptions prompted many farmers in remote areas to expand poppy cultivation.
- Lao government seeks to rein in external debt by cutting new projectson 26. januar 2023 at 22:50
But country needs to crack down on corruption, many Laotians say.
- Thai Olympic Committee mum after Cambodia says kickboxing name dispute was settledon 26. januar 2023 at 22:11
Thailand had threatened to boycott SEA Games event it calls “Muay Thai” but that host calls “Kun Khmer.”