Kambodsja: Forbud mot elefantridning fra 2020

Svar
Brukeravatar
tdr
Sted: Norge
Kontakt:

Fra 2020 vil det ikke lengre være tillatt med elefantridning ved Angkor Wat. Etter at en elefant kollapset og falt død om i 2016 kom det i løpet av 48 timer 14000 underskrifter mot praksisen.

Folk blir mer opplyste og ønsker ikke lengre betale for å se dyr i fangenskap eller med kjetting.

Vi får håpe flere kommer etter.

Elephant rides to stop at Cambodia’s biggest attraction

Cruel elephant rides at a famous temple in Cambodia are now coming to an end.

The overworked group of 14 elephants will no longer be forced to work at Angkor Wat, where over 2.5 million international tourists visit each year.

They will be transferred to a conservation and breeding centre by early 2020, the The Angkor Elephant Group Committee confirmed. In 2016, an elephant collapsed and died while ferrying two tourists to the monument, sparking international outrage at the practice.

Two years later, a petition to end elephant rides gained over 14,000 signatures in just 48 hours after another animal died from exhaustion.

Oan Kiry, director of the Angkor Elephant Group Committee, said: ‘In early 2020, our association plans to end the use of elephants to transport tourists.

‘They can still watch the elephants and take photos of them in our conservation and breeding centre. We want the elephants to live in as natural a manner as possible.’

Grunnlegger og eier av nettstedet dere nå er inne på.
Hvis noen har spørsmål eller forslag så send meg gjerne en PM.
RobertX
Sted: Cebu City, Filippinene

Får håpe det sprer seg til andre land omkring, også Thailand. Viktig å ta vare på faunaen og dyrene før det er for seint.
"Scale back your long hopes, to a short period. While we speak, time is envious and is running away from us. Seize the day, trusting little in the future.", by the Roman poet Horace in 65 BC. Carpe Diem
Svar

Gå tilbake til «Transport, hotell, severdigheter og shopping»